Sales Executive - Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth & Windsor
CML currently manages 32 hotels across the UK. One of our hotel owners, Morethanhotels Ltd are recruiting for a Sales Executive (4 days a week) for the Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth, one of 12 Express branded hotels they operate in the UK. The hotel has 148 bedrooms and two meeting rooms. The Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth is only a minute’s walk away from Wandsworth Town train station with access to central London via Waterloo Station.
In addition to looking after the Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth hotel 4 days a week, your services will be contracted out 1 day a week to the owner of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor to provide a limited level of sales support for them. This 58 bedroom hotel which opened in September 2012 is just a few minutes from the M4 Junction 6 motorway exit and 10 minute walk from the centre of Windsor, the hotel is the perfect place for business and leisure with Legoland ™ Windsor just a short drive from the hotel. Major blue chip companies are also all within easy reach.
- To drive revenue within the hotel by ensuring it is effectively sold within the local and national market place to deliver the annual sales revenue generation targets set for the hotel.
- Increase the profitability of existing accounts, and ensure research is carried out to take business from the competition both locally and nationally, securing new business across all market segments.
- Liaise regularly with the area revenue team to ensure that activities undertaken for the hotel are increasing the hotel profit in line with the business plan.
- Create a sales focus working environment.
- Ensure that all activity undertaken by hotel team is in line with the hotel Sales and Marketing plan. That it meets internal deadlines and targets and recognises the need to change strategy and actions in line with market changes.
· Actively contract new business for the hotel, across all market segments.
· Work with the Morethanhotels revenue team and hotel General Manager to ensure the hotel remains competitive in the market place.
· Assist the hotel management team fully utilise the available market intelligence for developing strategic plans and have a better understanding of the competition and the business trends.
· Liaise closely with the Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) Account Managers to maximise revenue opportunities from key national accounts who have requirements in London Wandsworth.
· Develop affiliations with all local leisure attractions to use as leverage for new business.
· Build and maintain relationships within the local community by attending seminars, business events etc to maximise networking opportunities.
· Contribute to the development and driving of company sales and marketing initiatives.
· Produce an annual Sales and Marketing plan which accurately interprets the objectives of the business (annual budget) and documents delivery strategies that incorporates using all the resources open to you (hotel team members included).
· Attend revenue meetings as required and RevMax meetings when on property.
· Utilise all CML sales initiatives with the hotel team. Ensure all the information for these initiatives is being captured in the hotel’s ‘Sales Lead Manager’ (SLM) tool. Work with the hotel management team so they are qualifying the information required before the leads are passed over to you for follow up and update the tool with action taken/results achieved.
· Attend CML Sales team meetings with the other 20 Sales Exec/Sales Managers.
· All sales activities must be recorded and the company database updated.
· Submit a monthly Sales Report to the Regional Director of Sales.
· Meet with the Regional Director of Sales on a monthly basis to review the performance of the hotel, your sales activity and your agreed Key Performance Objectives.
HIE Windsor - responsibilities
- Liaise regularly with the area revenue team to ensure that activity being undertaken is increasing the hotel profit in line with the business plan.
- Liaise closely with the Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) Account Managers to maximise revenue opportunities from key national accounts who have requirements in Windsor.
- Assist the hotel management team fully utilise the available market intelligence for developing strategic plans and have a better understanding of the competition and the business trends.
- Assist the hotel develop affiliations with all local leisure attractions to use as leverage for new business.
- Utilise all CML sales initiatives with the hotel team ensuring the information is captured in the hotel’s ‘Sales Lead Manager’ tool. Work with the hotel management team and hotel Sales Champion and support the General Manager follow up particular sales leads.
· Minimum of one year’s sales experience ideally in a hotel.
· Experience of working within a structured team environment.
· Show strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
· Be PC literate with a knowledge of Opera PMS or a similar database/reservations system preferable, although training will be given.
· Remain focused at all times and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
· Strong presentational and influencing skills.
· Effective coaching skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Fluent verbal and written English.
· Salary of £20,000 per annum for 4 days a week at the Holiday Inn Express London Wandsworth. With an additional responsibility payment of £5,000 per annum for 1 day a week support to the Holiday Inn Express Windsor. Please note: should the additional support for Windsor no longer be required at some point in the future, your 4 day a week role and salary for Wandsworth will remain.
· Company phone for business calls and a laptop will also be supplied.
Join our dynamic Sales Team working under the guidance of Chardon Management Ltd.
As a part of the Sales Team you will be based at your Hotel/s but be part of a wider network of Sales Managers and Executives working all over the UK. Employed directly by one of our hotel owning companies, you would report into the Chardon Management Ltd Sales Team where you will be able to share best practice ideas, experience, knowledge and support wider company campaigns.
So why not join our Sales Team today?
Be part of our UK wide Sales Team
Chardon Management Ltd is a hotel management company with a current portfolio of over 30 hotels in the UK and Northern Ireland, who manage hotels on a daily basis on behalf of the owners.
Deadline: 24 Dec 2012. 17:00